Kauri is under threat. We can all do our bit to help them, in fact, you may already be doing it! This summer, we invite you to show us your inner kauri hero. You can do this by uploading a photo or video on our page engaging with your family in an activity that’s worthy of a kauri hero or tell us what being a kauri hero means to you.
Some ideas for everyone in the family to get involved:
Make your own costume
Upload videos being a kauri hero (using a cleaning station, cleaning your shoes before a walk, staying on track at a reserve/bush walk, respecting signs)
Send a message or letter to kauri
Send a photo wearing your kauri hero t-shirt around Kaipātiki
Up for grabs: your own VIP private tree planting experience at a local reserve in Kaipātiki, photos, tree tag, GPS location so you can always check up on your tree!
1st Prize - XL native tree
2nd Prize - Large native tree
'People's choice' award - Medium native tree
Keep an eye out for future posts as we will have bonus entry options throughout the competition.
Entry must include #kaurihero and remember to set the post to public so we can see it! You can enter multiple times, provided each time you submit a unique entry.
The entry with most likes/loves/cares will win the people's choice award.
We also accept entries via email to and by post at Fernglen Gardens, 36 Kauri Rd, Birkenhead. Entries open for Kaipatiki Local Board residents. Competition ends 5pm 18/04/2021 If you are out at a reserve please ensure you social distance and follow all Covid protocols.
Facebook Competitions and Giveaways Terms & Conditions
1. By participating in any competition or giveaway advertised by Pest Free Kaipātiki Restoration Society (“PFK”) on its Facebook page (the “Competition”), you confirm that you accept and agree to these competition terms.
2. The Promoter of the Competition is PFK. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You completely release Facebook from any and all liability associated with this Competition.
3. Competitions and Giveaways are only valid for residents of New Zealand. Employees of PFK are not eligible to enter.
4. Entrants must follow the instructions on the Competition Facebook post to enter this competition.
5. The Competition entry closing and opening dates will be specified on the Competition Facebook post.
6. PFK is not responsible or liable for any late, lost or misdirected entries or for any problems or technical malfunction which may result in delay or failure to enter you into the draw.
7. All entries to this Competition become the property of PFK and will not be returned to the entrants.
8. The winner(s) will be drawn as specified by the Facebook Competition post. The prize winner(s) will receive the prize that is advertised on the Facebook Competition post. PFK accepts no responsibility or liability for any prize winner’s enjoyment of any prize or any other costs and expenses that may be incurred by the prize winner relating to the prize or the winner’s enjoyment of that prize (including any travel related costs where relevant and unless otherwise specified in the Facebook Competition post).
9. PFK will endeavour to notify each of the prize winners by Facebook private message or email address, if supplied. However, if the winner cannot be reached within five working days, PFK may redraw a new prize winner without liability to any person. PFK reserves the right to contact the selected winners by other means.
10. Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged or redeemed for cash. PFK takes no responsibility for entries or prizes that are lost or destroyed.
11. Accepting the prize constitutes a winner's consent to be photographed and/or interviewed by PFK and for PFK to use his or her name, city/town of residence, competition entry and/or photographs and interviews for Competition or publicity purposes without compensation. This includes on PFK’s website, direct and social media channels.
12. The winner acknowledges that redemption of some prizes may require the winner to be at least 18 years of age and have parental/ guardian consent. We will let you know on our Facebook Competition post.
13. The decisions of PFK on all matters relating to this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. PFK reserves the right to verify the validity of an entry or a winner's right to redeem the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions. PFK reserves the right to amend the prizes offered and these terms and conditions and in its absolute discretion cancel the competition at any time and without prior notice.
14. To the extent permitted by law, PFK excludes any liability it may have to you arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this Competition.